Before Brooklyn started Chemotherapy we decided to spend a day at Lagoon. She hasn't been before and loved every minute of it. As we pulled in the parking lot she got really excited and said, "Mommy! Look! Its a playground. I want to go!" She has had a rough recovery from her surgery because the lining in her brain didn't seal up as much as they would have liked (having three brain surgeries doesn't help apparently). She had a fairly large pocket of brain fluid in the back of her head. The Neurosurgeon wasn't concerned as long as it wasn't leaking. So it was okay but just didn't take away any pressure or swelling which means, she still can't walk. This didn't stop her from having an awesome day. I was so glad my sisters and their kids could come. I know she looks like a sick kid. She hasn't even lost her hair and I am making her wear a bandana. I was just trying to protect the incision from touching anything gross and protect everything from the sun.
My sister, neices, nephews, and of course Brookie.
Brooklyn and her cousin McKay
Brooklyn and her cousin Maddox.
The only ride Brooklyn got scared on. She even rode the big viking ship with all the adults and thought that was fun.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Lagoon!!
Posted by Walker Family at 11:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Super cute pictures! I really like the one of Brooke in the plan! She looks happy! That was a really fun day!!! -Ashley
Post a Comment