I know that everybody is going to be surprised, but we were able to come home today! I didn't post anything yesterday because I kept getting good news and wanted to wait till I can post everything. Brooklyn did so well in the NTU. She was so much better than last time. She didn't fight with the nurses or techs at all. We had some amazing nurses that really helped her get through it. She went the whole day yesterday without morphine and all of today without loratab. By the time we came home she was just taking Tylenol and ibuprofen. It is so amazing that she can have in depth brain surgery and go home four days later with just some over-the-counter medication. We started going physical therapy yesterday and she loved playing with the toys but couldn't walk. Her hand eye coordination has improved in just a few days. There is still a lot of swelling and we won't see much improvement till that goes down and it usually takes a week.
When we left the hospital today then we were able to pick up Brooklyn's puppy. She was so excited! He is so fun to play with and the people we got him from started paper training him and he actually has only gone on the paper or outside. He plays really hard and then just sleeps. We are still working on a name for him and hopefully when Brooklyn can move around better we can post some pictures. She loves to watch him play but can't really jump in there. Porter sure jumps in there and I think that they will be best friends. So far the whole family loves him a lot. I will keep updating my blog on Brooklyn's progress and her treatments. Thank again for all the comments and prayers.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Going Home!!
Posted by Walker Family at 9:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks so much for keeping us posted. We always ask the relatives because we are worried about bombarding you with so many calls and questions. I love that you have a blog and keep it updated. We are so happy for all the positives and pray that it keeps going in this direction for all of you!
Love your family. Woo-hoo for Brookie!
Post a Comment