This was the first year we decided to do Relay for Life. Derek's sister researched and we thought the Pocatello one would be the best. It was the only one with a princess theme and gave Derek's other sister enough time to have her baby :). Brooklyn was pretty scared of all the people. It is a really great place with a lot of caring people. Brooklyn wasn't used to that many people just coming up to her and talking so she was a little shy. We started with decorated our booth and not to brag or anything but we did win a prize for cutest booth! Then there was survivor dinner Brooklyn and I attended where we did a hand print for next years quilt and talked to some really amazing people. The Relay kicked off with a few people telling their stories and welcoming everybody back. The pictures below are of our survivor lap. Brooke was again a little scared so I was really animated (you can tell by my face). Everybody just lined the track and clapped as all the survivors took the first lap. Our booth sold cotton candy through the night and we did awesome. Thanks again to all mine and Derek's family who helped make and sell it. When it got darker they had a trick-or-treat lap for all the kids and that was probably the highlight of the night. The kids all got as much candy as Halloween without the cold weather. It was such a fun time to hang out with both our families and raise money for such a great cause. I hope we are able to do it every year. Next time we will be better about spreading the word!I know its a really cheesy face, but it got Brooke excited.
Our cutest booth! Derek's sister Paige made all the pom poms the night she was in labor. Poor girl!
Derek with our "little princess". That was our theme we had made into shirts "We relay for the success of our little princess."
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Relay for Life 2011
Posted by Walker Family at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your booth was darling!! I am glad it turned out so well, and I am sure Brookie loved the princess theme. . . I know my girls would! We would love to participate next year!
What a great event! Please let us know about next year so we can be there too. We love you all!
Sounds like so much fun I wish I lived closer to come buy some cotton candy. I love the stuff. I am amazed and the booth you guys did a great job.
Post a Comment