I have been meaning to update our blog a long time ago but life has been so crazy. We are three weeks into radiation treatment with Brooklyn. I stay in the Salt Lake area all week and then come home on the weekends. The first week was probably the hardest. Everything felt so unreal and Brooklyn really struggled. Since then she has gotten use to being put to sleep every morning. She has lost quite a bit of hair. The rest of her hair covers everything for now so it just looks like she has really thin hair. The radiologist told me to expect most of her hair to fall out. Brooklyn has only gotten sick two days. We are trying to combat this with anti-nausea medicine part way through the week. Once a week we go into Primary Children's to meet with her oncologist. They check her side effects and change her dressing on her PICC line (an IV the has a direct line to the heart). Brooklyn is such a trooper through all of this. She has found favorite things at both hospitals and is mostly happy. All the nurses and staff just adore her. We hope that the next three and half weeks go by as smoothly and as quickly. Thank you every one who has kept us in their prayers.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You and your family are always on my mind. I miss you so much. She seems like such a fighter. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I would still love to see you. Text/call me sometime.
that's from Shandi not Daniel.
I just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you. I've tried texting you a couple times. I hope you got the texts I never know with my phone service out here. It sounds like Brooklyn is being quite the trooper through all this. I hope that you are holding up okay also! I still need your address. I know where the post office is now and would like to send Brooklyn her get well gift! I'm coming home in March for two weeks, maybe I could borrow my grandma's car and come down for the day and visit you! Your family is always in our prayers! Love ya!
We are thinking of all of you and hope the next three weeks go by quickly and easily as possible. Happy Birthday to Derek this Friday!
Love,
Kevin & Debbie
Good luck and I hope all goes well. Kids are so special in our lives. It was good to hear from you. My prayers are with you.
Ang i just found your blog! I Am so glad that your little girl is doing better! She is SUCH a pretty little thing! Its good to see that you are all so strong and face what is thrown at you! Please if you or Derek need ANYTHING let us know, we are not that far away! It was great to see pictures! We love you guys!
Post a Comment