Derek and his cousin Alan spent the weekend fishing in Island Park. They had a lot of fun and caught some pretty good fish. Of course he missed his beautiful wife and daughter.
I have the best job in the world! I am a stay at home mom of the two best kids. Life keeps us busy with doctor appointments and keeping everybody on track. I hope through this blog everybody is able to see the love and devotion I have to my family and our faith. Life gets hard sometimes but helps us see more clearly.
I know that a lot of people read this book looking for information on Brooklyn. We try to keep the updates frequent but most people don't know how everything started. This is a brief overview.
Brooklyn has been battling a form of brain cancer called Anaplastic Ependymoma for two years. Initially, the doctors were hopeful that a surgery and round of radiation would kill the cancer. After about a year her cancer grew back. We then did another surgery and an experimental round of radiation. That too failed. About a month after completing radiation the tumor was back. After a lot of praying and consultations we decided to go through with a third brain surgery. All of her surgeries were risky because the tumor is growing on her brain stem. Thanks to an amazing neurosurgeon the third surgery was successful. We did have a lot more side effects but luckily were able to have no debilitating problems. Currently, Brooklyn is undergoing chemotherapy. We have been doing chemo for about six months and the tumors are holding off for now. We hope and pray for more treatment options every day. Brooklyn is the strongest, bravest, sweetest little girl in the world. We love her and hope she wins her fight soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment